Resume for Steve Rockman, Ph.D.
1) Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, awarded August 1986, The Professional School for Psychological Studies, San Diego, California.
2) M.S., Counseling Psychology, awarded June 1981, California State University Fullerton, Fullerton, California.
3) B.S., Human Services, awarded June 1977 California State University Fullerton, Fullerton, California.
4) A.A., Psychology, awarded June 1974, Orange Coast College, Costa Mesa, California.
Licenses & Certifications:
1. Qualified Medical Evaluator awarded 2013 Clinical Psychologist License #PSY14623 awarded March 1996.
2) M.F.C.C. License #MB18557, awarded August 1983.
3) EMDR Level II, certification awarded June 1998
4) EMDR Level I, certification awarded November 1996
5) Clinical Hypnosis certification awarded by BBSE in 1989
6) Certification, Child Sexual Abuse Training, Level II, awarded by Child Sexual Abuse Network in October 1983.
7) Certification in Bioenergetic Analysis awarded June of 1987 by Southern California Bioenergetic Society.
1983 to Present - Owner, president and psychologist for Rockman Family Counseling Inc: private practice providing assessment and treatment for adults, teens, couples and children in South Orange County.
1996 to 2012 - The Hope Institute, Appointed as Clinical Supervisor, responsible for supervising staff and assessing patients and families for chemical dependency, depression, and all other psychological problems.
1998 to 2002 - IPP (Independent Provider Program) for Orange County Social Services: Provided treatment for “court ordered “ adults and children involved in physical, sexual abuse and neglect.
1997 to 1999 - New Alternatives, Orange, California. Appointed as Psychologist for the children’s unit and provided assessment and treatment for children and supervised interns.
1997 to 1999 - Staff psychologist for three assisted senior living homes in south Orange County: Chateau San Juan, Villa Del Obispo, and Villa Del Sol. Performed evaluations and treatment for chronically ill. Illnesses included Depression, anxiety, psychosis, Alzheimer’s, pulmonary, cancer, diabetes, orthopedic problems, and more.
1996 to Present - Perform critical incident stress debriefings for Archeus and Crisis Management International, Inc.
1996 to Present - Testified as expert Witness for cases involving child abuse, malingering, domestic violence, etc.
1984 to 1985 - Care Unit Hospital of Orange, Orange, California. Held Counselor’s position and was responsible for adult assessment and treatment of chemical dependency.
1983 to 1984 - Turning Point, Santa Ana, California. Held position of Counselor for the Juvenile Diversion Program and was responsible for assessment and treatment of juvenile offenders.
1982 to 1983 - Child Guidance, Santa Ana, California. Held counselor’s position for assessment and treatment of children in the day treatment program.
1981 to 1983 - Psychological Assistant for Dr. Muriel Golub in Santa Ana, California. Responsible for assessment and treatment of adults and children.
1978 to 1981 - Teen Help Youth Service Bureau, as an intern he provided assessment and treatment for adults and children.
APA, American Psychological Association
“If Your Loved One Was Sexually Abused” – The Chela Journal, 1993. A guide for spouses of sexual abuse survivors.
Bioenergetics and Managed Care- International Institute For Bioenergetic Analysis, 1994